Tuesday, June 17, 2014

LA Rob is back from hiatus and getting it done!---2014 is a year of solutions!

It's been a LONG TIME since I posted here.  Honestly its because I've been busy living life and doing things.  Time is a funny thing when your young, you can't wait to become and adult and when you become one your so busy you don't notice how fast it moves.  I am not at all bitter about the passage of time because that is normal.  I believe it is the little experiences that shape us into individuals.


Most importantly it is FAILURE that makes us succeed.  I still remember all the people telling me not to move to California and the challenges I faced living here but you know what I learned?

MAN UP----LIFE IS HARD!!!! Life is a strategy game and at best we have 80 years to get it right if we're lucky---because some day we will reach an age where time decides certain life goals are no longer options.

Making movies is something I fell into.  I never wanted to be a director I simply fancied seeing my stories in 3D with human beings inhabiting my characters and those characters serving as avatars for an audience.  Cinema to me is more than a hobby more than a source of entertainment for me a good film can change the way I perceive the world.

Living in Hollywood these past five years has showed me that they don't want  us "black people" to weld any kind of meaningful influence in the industry.  Which brings me to my previous thought MAN UP!!! It may be 2014 and we have a black president but step inside a Paramount LOT and you can clearly see there are very few African Americans calling the shots.

This realization was a shock at first but it drove me explore alternative means of getting my work out.  Basically be so good they can't ignore you!

MY SHORT FILM "PREAMBLE" WAS CREATED FOR THE 2014 CFC COMPETITION



MY SHORT FILM FROM COLLEGE "DEVIL'S BLUE" MADE IN 2004


Not looking for compliments just demonstrating that if you do something enough you will improve as long you work hard at it.





My goals for this year is to get another car and finally shoot "So Much Alike" watch the trailer and prepare for the second LA ROB renaissance!

MY TRAILER FOR "SO MUCH ALIKE"





No comments: