Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Neo-Noir Horror Genre

This is my favorite genre because it gives that creepy gothic atmosphere a little pop-culture saturation. An example can be seen in my favorite anime "Wicked City" in this anime instead of the traditional black and white the color blue and black or more prevelent. I filmed in this style before "Devil's Blue" is full of the neo-noir horror themes of extream color. I believe extream color can be a very effective way to reveal emotions and character.

2 comments:

ROBERT MCTYRE SR said...

So do you think that anime can be effectively moved to another medium like as a live action movie? Cornelius has been talking about this in his blog and I am wondering what are your thoughts?

Dad

Black Arrow said...

Of course just look at the Matrix, I think they use some pretty wicked camera angles and techniques in animated films that can be used in live action.