Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Paranormal Activity is as scary as the Excorist believe the hype!

First off if you havent seen the film go see it right now then read my blog!

In this day and age scary movies have gone the way of digital sophistication it all began with the much over hyped "Blair Witch Project" that movie in opinion sucked doggie nuts but opened the door to low budget indie horror. "Cloverfield' was an interesting experiment until they showed the entire monster I believe it would have been better if they had made the monster a little more abstact and lost the gimmicy handheld look, then there was "Open Water" very good lots of tention and heard a sequal was in the works very good but easily dismissable.

 "Paranormal Activites" is on par with the best Japenese horror/Korean horror what makes it work is the story has believable characters and very errie night vision and simple digital effects most people can connect with the film because evil forces do exist in this world the scene where the girl is dragged down the Hallway is th scaryist momment I've seen in long time.

 All the stuff with the psychics, demons and ouija boards really freaked me out... whats most disturbing is I can relate to that myself from past experience, when I was in college living in a shithole studio apartment in the basement of my building I had doors close on me, cold spots, feelings of something watching me, light touches on my body, scratches, mysterious marks on my neck as if something was trying to choke me and lots of other stuff I wont reveal in this blog but I give kudos to the director look forward to seeing more of his work.

Movie Grade A+ legendary must have in collection!

No comments: