Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Star Trek 2009 DVD Review

I recently purchased a DVD copy of ST 2009 and it's actually pretty good what I like is that it includes a digital copy for laptop and ipod users very forward thinking. There is a commentary track and pretty good special features. The film itself is presented in anamorphic widescreen with a dolby digital sound mix, excellent picture quality... this film gets watched allot at my job and I dont feel like a geek for bringing it in because it's more of an action flick than a traditional sci-fi film. The story is a prequel that reboots the series and gives it some much needed respectability. I think after ST Insurection I turned in my phaser ST TNG officially sucked okay, I then became a Star Wars fan. Lets face it the Star Wars universe is cooler and more epic than Star Trek and of course it has John William's scoring it... Star Trek was cool because of the characters and the adventure.

The story is about James Tibreious Kirk and how he joined Star Fleet and became Captain of the USS Enterprise. In this version they create a parallel universe and destroy the planet Vulcan changing the entire timeline very ballsy move there but I love it. I especially like the visual style with the light flares who would have known ST would ever be cool again.

This is not a must have but a welcomed editon to your DVD collection
Movie Grade B+

No comments: